1. Praise the new parents. Repeat the praise.
2. Don’t like the name? Never complain.
3. Never criticize your daughter-in-law. Ever.
4. Remember that you are no longer in charge.
5. They aren’t doing it the way you did? Relax. It’s their turn.
6. House a mess? Don’t say a word. Nothing to eat? Pack a snack.
7. In a crisis, stay calm and hold the baby.
8. Sleep-deprived new parents are also fussy babies: give them love and acceptance.
9. When things get tense, get out of the house.
10. Complain to your friends, not your kids.